Wednesday, May 8, 2013

"You could try Sears."

Life is weird, y'all.

Woke up yesterday to no less than nine missed calls from my lovely and talented boss. Apparently Ford Models called and needed a tailor for a photo shoot. Could I go? Um, yes. I believe I can make that happen.

Hopped in the shower, packed up my sewing machine, tried to look somewhat respectable, and headed out the door. An hour and two tolls later, I arrived at my destination.

I'm shown to my corner so I can set up and then go meet with the stylist. You guys - the pins were already in the clothes. All I had to do was put a seam in where the pins were. I didn't even have to iron it. My entire job was to run the clothes through my sewing machine. After I'd been there an hour, they were back on schedule. Because I'm awesome.

What was the photo shoot for, you ask?

Oh. Just the Kardashian Kollection. Because why not??

And just like that - I'm working in the fashion industry. Kinda.

2 comments: