Monday, May 27, 2013

Crap I've Made from Pinterest: Vol. 4

I bought a bundt pan the other day.

Correction: I was killing time at Home Goods, browsing the baking section, because one can never have too many kitchen gadgets. I started investigating bundt pans, trying to decide if I wanted to spend the $9 on a new baking pan -- and promptly dropped it, making an ungodly racket. Obviously, I had to buy it now.

I've always loved the way a bundt cake looks. It's fancy and delicious looking and all you have to do is get it out of the pan. Sure you can frost it or drizzle a glaze on it or even put a potted plant in the hole, but just as they are, bundt cakes are pretty.

Also, I came across this on Pinterest the other day:

Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake
Image from www.aspicyperspective.com
I became obsessed with this cake.

Problem #1: I didn't have a bundt pan.
Solution: Buy a bundt pan after making a fool of myself at Home Goods. Check.

Problem #2: The manfriend doesn't like yogurt, even baked into things.
Solution: Tell him I left the yogurt out and allow him to marvel at the delicious moistness of flour. Check.

With those problems neatly cleared away, I was able to move forward. And I had an excellent reason to make this cake: WEDDING. We finally set a date. It's coming up fast. I needed semi-professional help. I went to my good friend Lauren, who is acting as our wedding-planner/person I report to so someone other than me knows things are getting done. And as a thank you, I brought her this cake.

BUNDT!

Holy crap. You guys. This cake is delicious. It's bursting with flavor. It tastes like spring. It is unbelievably moist, even a week later. And it's suuuuper easy to make.

Side note: Not to brag on my mad baking skillz, but it came out in one piece. Since this was my first bundt cake, I'm pretty proud of that fact. It was clearly all due to my skill and had nothing to do with the fact that it was a non-stick pan that I coated with non-stick spray...


I could barely focus on the important and helpful things Lauren was saying while I ate this cake.

If you have a bundt pan, make this cake. If you don't have a bundt pan, go get one. Just don't drop it.

2 comments:

  1. That cake does look delicious. However, you've used the word, "moist," too many times in this post for me to be a fan of it entirely.

    ReplyDelete