Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Lord Beard has a Birthday

Yesterday was the manfriend's 32nd birthday. I take every opportunity of pointing out that he is SO OLD. And that he has gray hair. Because I love him.

How do you celebrate your boyfriend's 32nd birthday when you're poor and semi-unemployed? You do the following:

Replace the zipper in his old and much loved fleece (Pay attention to the length of the zipper you're buying so you don't have to return the zipper you bought that's 4 inches too long. Not that I did that... Just a pro-tip from me to you):

And I didn't even use the zipper foot.

Buy him a new Carhartt jacket (on sale!):

Obviously not the manfriend. But he's wearing it all the time, so I borrowed this from Amazon instead.

Make one of his favorite dinners:

My grandmother's lasagna recipe is the best. End of story.

And also do two loads of laundry, make chocolate chip cookies, and clean the house for Thanksgiving.

TIP: Use maple syrup instead of vanilla extract in your chocolate chip cookies for a slightly chewier cookie with a deeper flavor. And if you feel really crazy, throw in a teaspoon of cinnamon. I love cinnamon. And maple syrup. It's just a small way to feel better about using the Tollhouse recipe on the back of the bag. Also - you'll have more delicious cookies.

Happy Birthday to Lord Beard! Three cheers for the beard!!

And a very happy birthday to my dear friend Mandie as well!

CJ and Mandie digging into fried pumpkin donut holes. OMG.

November is a good month for awesome people.

1 comment: